Thursday, December 12, 2013

Day 4 and 5 (Fuzhou City)

I can't post a ton right now but we had 2 amazing days in Fuzhou city and the rural areas around it! We hired a guide to go and see the local foster villages and to see Lingaos finding spot (where he was abandoned by his birth mother). 

I feel as though I got an insiders guide - a 'rick Steve's back door' view to china and chinas orphans. There was much I hadn't realized about the culture in china and, subsequently, how i can better help these children of God. I will post more soon. For now, here are a few pictures!

Lingao and his finder at his finding spot



Our local lunch!!

Landscape of local villages

Night night!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good to see the difference of air and vegitation of where he lived vs the city you are in, to receive him. Hugs and health to you all. Mom/gram "ey"

Catherine said...

The trip looks so amazing - I'm so glad that you are getting this time to learn about the culture, etc!

And he is just precious - can't wait to hug and squeeze him (and the other three:))